About the Program
The Helping Hands program is a community-based, peer-support initiative facilitated by Six Degrees – a project initiative of Podium.
Our main objectives are simple:
Normalise conversations related to mental health
Support Muslim youth to seek help where necessary
Improve access to mental health services for Muslim youth
How It Works:
The Helping Hands Model
Helping hands seeks to connect Help Seekers- individuals who may be enduring hardship, to Help Givers- a Muslim community member prepared to provide support.
Helping Hands has partnered up with masajid and Islamic societies across Melbourne to deliver the Helping Hands program in locations accessible to individuals.
- Melbourne Madinah
- University of Melbourne Islamic Society (Parkville Campus)
- Latrobe University Islamic Society (Bundoora Campus)
- Virgin Mary Mosque
- Monash University Islamic Society
Appointments with Help Givers will be available through:
- Booking a time and a Helping Hands location via the Six Degrees website
- Dropping in at a Helping Hands location (masjid or university musallah)
- Visiting a community event/site where Help Givers will be present